Current job opening
As a Support Engineer for Tekkers IT Solutions, you will provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting, as well as Installation work directly to our customers, from our offices located in Fareham.
- Work as part of a team to provide technical support for customers existing hardware and/or software installations and resolve as soon as reasonable possible using the resources available to you.
- Answer customer phone calls, log support tickets and work on them through to resolution
- Provide On-site support to customers when required
- Build, Configure and Install new hardware including Cisco Routers and Wireless, HP Switches, Servers, PC’s and Laptops
- Install, configure and support applications such as Microsoft Server, SharePoint, Exchange and SQL as well as Citrix XenApp, VMware vSphere
- Work on larger projects such as Infrastructure Refreshes, Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure Virtualisation with the Project team and the customer through to completion
- Respond to alerts from our monitoring system to provide Pro-Active maintenance, resulting in less outages and downtime for our customers
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems, as well as related applications such as DNS, DHCP, SharePoint, Exchange and SQL.
- Strong knowledge of our core products – Cisco Routers and Wireless, VMware vSphere, HP Hardware, Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Basic knowledge of Apple Mac operating system as well as iPhone / iPad device troubleshooting including other mobile vendors (HTC, Google, Samsung etc..)
- Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers both on the phone and in person, as well as the ability to explain potentially complicated issues in a way customers can understand.
- Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written and customer facing (emails, documentation etc.)
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team to resolve potentially complex issues, but also work on your own to perform installations and project work when required.
- Ideally have 5+ years previous experience in a similar role
- Cisco CCNA
- MCP / MCITP / MCSE
- VMware VCP
- Citrix CCA
Tekkers IT Solutions offer a competitive salary as well as taking pride for a fun, friendly and creative working environment. As part of keeping our staff equally as happy as our customers, we very rarely travel outside of the Hampshire / West Sussex area to ensure a healthy work / life balance.
Lastly, we encourage our staff to play further key roles in our ongoing expansion as we build our business, as such there will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career within the company.
Interested in this job?
Apply for our Support Engineer position today by simply filling in the short form below.