Current job opening
An exciting role to work with a leading IT provider in the region, and as part of an established firm of accountants based in Southampton.
As an Outsourced Support Engineer for Tekkers IT Solutions, you will work from our customers offices, based in Southampton for 4 days per week. The 5th day will be spent working from our Fareham offices to help build your knowledge and work with varying technologies.
Your primary role will be to delivered in 2 parts;
1) to provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting to the staff at our Customer.
2) to deliver a number of projects, including migrating from a Citrix server solution to Microsoft 365, VoIP phone system, and other minor installation works.
Throughout your role, you’ll be fully supported by colleagues from head office and will have regular on-site meetings with Tekkers IT Management, to ensure you feel part of the Tekkers IT Solutions team.
- Work both individually and as part of a team to provide technical support for existing hardware and/or software installations and resolve as soon as reasonable possible using the resources available to you.
- Answer customer phone calls, log support tickets and work on them through to resolution
- Work proactively to identify areas of improvement which can benefit the business, including new technologies or software packages.
- Manage relationships with third party software vendors and handle any technical issues or faults through to resolution.
- Build, Configure and Install new hardware as required by the customer.
- Install, configure and support applications such as Windows Server, Office 365 Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL and also Citrix VirtualApps, VMware vSphere and other line of business applications.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems, as well as related applications such as DNS, DHCP, SharePoint, Exchange and SQL.
- Strong knowledge of our core products – Office / Microsoft 365, HP Hardware, UniFi Wireless, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Basic knowledge of Apple Mac operating system as well as mobile device troubleshooting including other mobile vendors (Google, Samsung etc..)
- Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers both on the phone and in person, as well as the ability to explain potentially complicated issues in a way customers can understand.
- Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written and customer facing (emails, documentation etc.)
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team to resolve potentially complex issues, but also work on your own to perform installations and project work when required.
- Ideally have 5+ years previous experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Certifications around 365 and Desktop Support
- VMware VCP
- Citrix CCA
Tekkers IT Solutions offer a competitive salary as well as taking pride for a fun, friendly and creative working environment. As part of keeping our staff equally as happy as our customers, we very rarely travel outside of the Hampshire / West Sussex area to ensure a healthy work / life balance.
Lastly, we encourage our staff to play further key roles in our ongoing expansion as we build our business, as such there will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career within the company.
Interested in this job?
Apply for our Support Engineer position today by simply filling in the short form below.