Current job opening
As an Apprentice Helpdesk Engineer for Tekkers IT Solutions, you will provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting from our offices located in Fareham.
Working closely with the engineering team and Helpdesk Manager, your role will involve taking care of day to day tasks such as building PC’s and other customer equipment, ready to be taken on-site. You will learn on the job to improve your knowledge daily, answering customer support calls, recording details and logging tickets, initially taking care of basic issues such as password resets and day to day alerts.
- Work as part of a team to provide technical support for customers existing hardware and/or software installations and resolve as soon as reasonable possible using the resources available to you.
- Answer customer phone calls, log support tickets and work on them through to resolution.
- Regularly improve your technical knowledge by working closely with the engineering teams.
- Assist to Build and Configure new hardware including Desktop PC’s, Laptops, Cisco Routers and Wireless, HP Switches and any other hardware for our customers.
- Install, configure and support Desktop Operating Systems (Primarily Windows with some Mac) as well as basic support for server applications such as Microsoft email and database applications.
- Respond to alerts from our monitoring system to provide Pro-Active maintenance, resulting in less outages and downtime for our customers
Skills and Requirements
- Basic knowledge of Windows Desktop and Apple Mac operating system as well as iPhone / iPad device troubleshooting including other mobile vendors (HTC, Google, Samsung etc..)
- Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers both on the phone and in person, as well as the ability to explain potentially complicated issues in a way customers can understand.
- Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written and customer facing (emails, documentation etc.)
The successful candidate will work through the apprenticeship to gain skills and qualifications relevant to your position.
Tekkers IT Solutions offer a competitive salary as well as taking pride for a fun, friendly and creative working environment. As part of keeping our staff equally as happy as our customers, we very rarely travel outside of the Hampshire / West Sussex area to ensure a healthy work / life balance.
Lastly, we encourage our staff to play further key roles in our ongoing expansion as we build our business, as such there will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career within the company.
Interested in this job?
Apply for our Support Engineer position today by simply filling in the short form below.